10 Mar 2024

10.03.2024 Intensive unloading therapy.

 ~o~

  Sunday 10th 35F/1.7C. A cold, cloudy day is promised. With the easterly wind continuing to irritate. My nose is bleeding again.

 Up at 5.45. I was overheating in the night and had to remove my long, thermal underwear. It was 69F/21C at bedtime. With a large log still burning. 63F/17C in the room this morning.

 My added carpet in the computer/TV area feels softer and warmer. It appears darker than I expected but looks the part and is the perfect size. The supply of sand in the carpet pile seems unlimited. Hopefully it will not wear out my slippers.

 I am expecting my tricycling visitor later this morning. So I shall check the shed again. For any other cycling stuff I might have missed. There is absolutely no point in hanging onto anything now. The hoarder in me is still a difficult hurdle to overcome. Imagine having to take it all to the scrap metal container. At the recycling yard. Better to pay it forwards. Let somebody else enjoy it now.

 The Trykit doesn't get enough exercise to wear anything out. How to sell it for a sensible price? In a country where such trikes are almost non-existent? Will I need it for tootling around the grounds of the old people's home? Or will I be in an electric wheelchair? Or even here at all? I keep getting chest pains. Though it could be all the exercise fetching the bike stuff from the shed. Carrying would normally go completely unnoticed.

 Yet again it feels like the end of an era. I ended the lifetime of Hifi/audio two years ago. Though I still haven't managed to get rid of eight 15" subwoofer drivers! They are heavy and bulky but easily lost under the sloping ceiling of the balcony room. Perhaps I should advertise them again. Sell them for small change. They owe me nothing except the space they take up. They gave me enormous fun on music and film. Plus the endless pleasure of hours of testing the frequency response to my different ideas. 

 Astronomy is on hold. With the parking space still taken up with the segments of the huge, green dome. They are difficult to hide! I'll have to return to the young farmer. Just to check what's happening. 

 The main road is open to traffic again. After they completed the burial of the new district heating pipes. The road surface seems oddly untouched considering the huge trenches they made. Nothing like a layer of asphalt to hide the arteries of our modern existence.  

 Photography is on the back burner. I am using the mobile phone as a camera for its simplicity and convenience. The secondhand TZ7 which I bought online proved to be a dud. My previous TZ7 lasted for years. Until I broke it during removal of fluff from the sensor. I could try swapping the display screens but there is little point now. 

 8.15 It is drizzling lightly. I was going to go for a walk but I am tidying instead. The trees are waving in the wind.

 9.00 Back to the shed to check for cycling related loiterers. 

 9.30 Then on with the washing up and more tidying and vacuuming. Cleared the dusty windowsill of glass ornaments. Years of grime and cobwebs. Not helped by the useless recycling basket. Washed up all the glass items. It can be boxed and go upstairs into storage. I cannot believe how much brighter the window has become.

 10.00 Having a rest before I attack the kitchen floor. Or I could just build sandcastles?

 13.10  My guests have just left with all my cycling gear and a few gardening bits and pieces. They were good listeners as, I'm afraid, I did most of the talking. A captive audience. 😊 

 They have lifted a huge burden from my shoulders. For which I am extremely grateful. Beyond any reward I might have had from selling all or any of it. Which would probably have taken decades if sold individually online. No to mention all the cleaning, packaging and posting.  

  I was very tired after my visitors left. Unable to say awake at the computer. I tried a nap but had to get up again. The greenhouse seems almost empty now. I am not showing any pictures until I tidy up. 

 Salad for dinner. A break in the endless fry-ups! I had no tomatoes again. They were over-ripe. So sacrificed in yesterday's fry-up fiasco.

 

  ~o~

No comments:

Post a Comment