24 Mar 2024

24.03.2024 Almost gone now.

 ~o~

  Sunday 24th 39F/4C. Rain or showers promised. Up at 5am. Wide awake. 62F/17C in the room. I ought to light the stove.

 8.15 I haven't heard back from the would-be buyer of the green dome. Getting close to 3500 clicks on Facebook Marketplace. Only three responders. Time for a walk. 

 9.00 It was occasionally bright but not blinding sunshine. A cold headwind spoilt my plans to walk to my turning point in the lanes. Chaffinches,  greenfinches and a yellowhammer were singing in the roadside hedges. A wagtail watched me pass. From only a few short feet away. On the slope of a barn roof. 

 Overnight rain had left its puddles. A foolishly overoptimistic, tabby cat tried to hide. By flattening itself onto a recently mown lawn. I smiled but decided not to undermine its failure. By trying explaining a certain lack in its concept of camouflage. I just hope it doesn't try the same trick on approaching cars on the road!

 I had a 45 minute, morning nap to catch up on my 5am start.

 13.00 47F/8C. Cold, rain, bursts of sunshine and breezy. 

 The new owner of my green dome will be collecting it early evening on Wednesday. He will be bringing two helpers and a large trailer. The project has been decorating my parking space for exactly three years. 

 Hopefully another [huge] burden will soon be lifted from my shoulders. Then I can start dismantling the wooden observatory. Though I'd much prefer the ground alongside had been raised by then. Which would make it much safer to be working up high from ladders. 

 I have been outside looking around for the off-cuts of fibreglass. Left overs from my dome modifications. Just in case they want them. It is miserably cold and wet.

14.45 I have finally lit the stove. Steadily ploughing through the backlog of laundry. 🙄 

 6.00 I even remembered to take the recycling bin along the drive. For emptying early tomorrow. I am doing better today at consuming water. I don't much like the taste. So take a swig from the waiting glass at intervals.

 Dinner was poached eggs on toast. Stop laughing! I was experimenting with a table spoon. I separated the yolks from the whites. It didn't work for the whites. Though it remained as tasty as always.


  ~o~

No comments:

Post a Comment