11 Mar 2024

11.03.2024 Darwin? 😴 Britt Award for outrageous lies! 😄

 ~o~

  Monday 11th 38F/3C. A sickly, orange sun is attempting to squeeze through the assembled clouds. A chilly 63F/17C in the room. Too lazy to light the stove yet. Up at 6.30 after a restless night. It is still relatively tidy despite my best efforts.

 7.50 There are light rain spots on the greenhouse roof. Another cold, grey, windy day must be braved. If life is to go on. With a maximum of 3.5C a walk must still be managed somehow. Regardless of a sore lack of motivation. Just a return to reality after yesterday's excitement. Of having someone interesting to talk to. Or in my case, at. How can I repeat the act of unburdening? To the benefit of others, and myself.  

 The Morris Minor is proving to be a hole in the road. Into which I must hurl large denomination notes. I could have a gentle ride to the rural workshop later. Just to check on progress. No pressure.

 9.15 Brief, veiled sunshine. I chatted with my nice neighbour. As he walked his dogs back home along the drive. Sharing information on the latest property investment saga within our tiny hamlet. The wind was cold and stronger than desirable. Acceptable on the outward journey. Jacket firmly closed on my return. Leading, of course, to overheating. 

 9.30 Morning coffee over. What next? I need some groceries. Despite the wind. A ride would be more sensible for the soul on such a pretty journey. Than sitting in the car as a non-sightseeing steersman. 

 12.30 41F/5C. Overcast. Just returned from a 30km ride. The Morris is still in intensive care. Shopped on the way back. Nasty, cold and gusty, easterly wind. Luckily I took warmer gloves. The usual ones left my hands feeling like blocks of ice. The Endura rain jacket was fine today over a thick jumper. I had better make some lunch.

 12.40 The doctor rang. The bacteria in my urine are fairly innocuous. It is recommended I drink at least 1.5 litres of water per day. That should flush the problem away without resorting to antibiotics.   
  

Britt lied through her teeth about an immigrant in the USA under Biden. When she really meant in Mexico, years ago, under Chump. The Pentagon says there is no such thing as UFOs. Lies, damned lies and another Britt Award.

  6.15 After a nap I started work on clearing the last of the stuff in the greenhouse. In two hours I had made quite a dent. I filled a large bucket with the noxious weeds which were growing along the front, glass wall. 

 There had been repeated invasions of ants over the years. Leading to drifts of soil and and sand from beneath the herringbone bricks. Which I had so carefully laid over polythene all those years ago. 

 I must get more sand. To brush into the gaping gaps. There is a definite excess of furniture out there. Some of which might be promoted to plant pot support duties. Others, not so much. I missed my afternoon tea but am close to dinner time. Decisions must be made to avoid dehydration.

 6.30 I made do with a cup of tea and a digestive biscuit. 

 Dinner was mackerel on toast with halved, cherry tomatoes. Followed by a full tin of Heinz tomato soup and a bread roll. Burp! 😋


  ~o~

 

No comments:

Post a Comment