30 Mar 2024

30.03.2024 Ready to rubble.

 ~o~

  Saturday 30th 43F/6C. Overcast. Rain possible this morning. 

 Up at 4.50. I have upset my sleeping patterns. With daytime naps and dozing off on the computer. I lie there in bed, tormented by my memories and have to get up to escape. 

 7.00 Back to bed for half an hour.

 8.15 Time for a walk. It is inexplicable but my usually deaf, left ear suddenly seems much louder. Putting on my hearing aids made my slippers sound like wooden clogs! I removed the right aid and the increased, hearing sensitivity persists. Is scotch broth a known cure for asymmetric deafness? 😄

 8.45 Returned from a brisk walk. Grey but dry. Taking in the circumnavigation of the usual field. A little breathless on the climb but reasonable. Three ducks came careering over with absolutely no sense of direction. Probably two males chasing a female. Everything sounds too loud! Cars like lorries. The gentle breeze roaring. 

 I can see Chez Hovel much more clearly from across the back field now. A surprising change considering the few, spindly trees I felled. I can see the gravel heap clearly silhouetted against the house. The boundary trees will hide it all when they are in leaf. I will still have to do some serious tidying though. It looks like a tip at the moment! Some of the stuff I had hidden in the dome is visible now. Well, that's my excuse.

9.00 Morning coffee over. I can hear the computer mouse moving on the mat. This is very silly! My hands rubbing on my clothing sounds like sandpaper. The computer keyboard has bass? Since when?

9.15 Time to start work. I can't believe how well it is going. I do get tired, hot and breathless. Though that is no surprise at my age. Or any age. 

  9.50 Raining. I had to come in. No point in getting wet. I have widened the access path for the rubble trailer. Leveled it across the width. Is the trailer end tipping or side tipping? I have no idea. Not yet. Half the gravel heap has gone.

 12.00 The sun has come out. Early lunch I think.

 There is bad weather warning for this evening and overnight in Southern Denmark. Thunderstorms and cloudbursts are possible. Cloudbursts are very unusual in March. 

 15.00 Out of curiosity I measured the distance from the north face of the house. Out to the front of the observatory building at 15m. The intended distance, for the raised area to match the rear of the observatory platform, is 20m. With another 5m to the field boundary. That's a lot of space!

 19.30 Early dinner was cheese on toast with halved tomatoes.

  ~o~

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment