25 Mar 2024

25.03.2024 40km.

 ~o~

  Monday 25th 41F/5C [at 8.15] Bright overcast. Up at 6.30 after another restless night.

 8.30 Sunny periods. I ought to be going for a walk. Then thinking about a ride. Cool, but mostly dry. With a light, westerly wind. 

  9.45 It was quite chilly on my hands but not enough to seek comfort in my pockets. The new neighbour has a cement mixer lorry delivery. New floors I presume. I turned for home before reaching the lanes.

 12.15 46F/8C. Well, that was novel. I just rode a 30km round to trip. To a more distant shopping village. But left my wallet behind. I decided not to wear my stretchy trousers because it was sunny. The wallet was in the pocket. Grr? I'll have some lunch and go out again.

 I was perfectly warm and comfortable on the way. Then it rained on the way back and felt as if the temperature had dropped by 10C. There was a headwind and my hands were freezing despite swapping to warmer gloves. My body felt cold too. Even though I wore a thin cardigan underneath the rain jacket. I have donned my down sweater to try and warm up. It is only 62F/17C in the room.

 A racing cyclist caught up with me on a long climb. I was twiddling easily up in Turbo mode at 30kph. He climbed out of the saddle and passed me effortlessly. At a skinny 9" wide he was an obvious climber. I watched him disappear into the distance as I continued to climb. No doubt I made a useful target for an interval. He must have been very fit. 

 14.30 Returning from a shopping ride into the village. Cold headwind coming home. 40km total today. 25 miles.

 20.00 Dinner was chicken and chips.



  ~o~

 

No comments:

Post a Comment