23 Mar 2024

23.03.2024 Going, going...

 ~o~

  Saturday 23rd 40F/4.4C. Sunshine and cloud with a risk of scattered wintry showers. Up at 6.30 after only one trip to the fire bucket. No after dinner coffee. One small beer. I woke at 6am but managed to drift for another half hour. My lower back is hurting. I had better have a walk.

 9.10 Back from my rather breathless walk. I tied to maintain a brisk pace. It was unpleasantly cold in the SW wind but mostly sunny. A red kite was circling but moved steadily away to the north. To be replaced by a soaring harrier on my return home. Lots of birds singing.   

 I have now reduced the price of the green dome to 50kr or £5 in the hope of it being taken away quickly. It is in the way and must go! 

 10.45 Sunny but windy. Just a shopping ride I think.

 13.15  I have returned from a 20km shopping ride to a slightly more distant village. The wind was fierce but mostly across the road. I had to hang off the bike to stay on the road at times. It rained lightly for a while.

 I delayed my departure to answer somebody interested in taking the dome. He lives quite some distance away, 150km and lacks the manual help to load a trailer. I don't know anybody who could help with these large and heavy segments. My days of struggling with this project myself are over. I wouldn't dare risk it now! 

 I am awaiting confirmation that a would be buyer of the dome can arrange help or mechanical aid to load the parts onto a trailer.

 Dinner was salad.

 

 ~o~

No comments:

Post a Comment