8 Mar 2024

8.03.2024 And there it was.. gone!

 ~o~

  Friday 8th 29F/-2C. Grey and slightly misty. Up at 6.10. 

 7.15 I was going to have an early night. To be ready for the Morris Minor being collected this morning. Between 8 and 9am. 

 Then I realised I could use the bike rack. To reach the car in the rural workshop once it had been fettled. I just need the rack to be in [or on] the Morris. The Minor boot isn't remotely big enough for the rack. So it will have to go in the passenger footwell. 

The problem was that I hadn't assembled the rack yet. Nor could I remember where I had put the keys, cable clips or screws. Fortunately I was in largely undeserved luck. Assembly went reasonably well and the keys were in a drawer. Though it was well past 11.30 before I was finished. 

 Now it is light I have to check the rack actually fits the Morris. Then load the Moustache e-bike to check it will fit. Luckily I had bought a 13-7 pin adapter from the trailer dealer for the lights. So off I go into the cold to play with my toys. 

 I fitted the Buzzrack E-Scorpion 1 rack and its ramp. To the shiny new, tow ball on the white frosted Morris. Then found the best settings for my big and heavy e-bike. The lights worked. The ramp was useful and avoided any heavy lifting. Well within my capacity to handle loading and unloading. Then I took the bike off and stowed the rack behind the Minor's passenger's seat.  Where it fitted surprisingly well. I used to the passenger's seatbelt to secure it.

 While I was waiting for the car transporter to arrive I went round to ask for a van to be moved. I found myself chatting with the new owner of the house next door. A pleasant young chap. He told me that he wanted to buy both houses. Sadly the owner of the thatched house will not sell. 

 Which is a huge shame because the thatch is badly holed and raining in. The garden is a complete mess. There are huge trees growing far too close and too high between the two houses. Threatening both properties [and blocking my morning sunshine!] The larch hedge along the drive is towering into the sky.

 8.20 The Morris Minor has just left on the lorry. The driver was another pleasant young man and veteran car enthusiast. We chatted about our various projects. I warned him of the local road closures due to the district heating expansion. Which would spoil the most direct route.

 8.45 Morning coffee. I might have a ride once the frost has gone. I'll have a rest from garden clearing for the moment. It is expected to max out at 6C after lunch. With a sunny afternoon promised.

13.15 Lunch over.  I was feeling tired and unwell mid morning. So I had a nap. The sun came out as promised. So I opened up the greenhouse for some free heat. The temperature in the room and kitchen has risen from 60-65F. 15-18C. The greenhouse is showing 90-95F/32-34C on two widely separated thermometers.

 I have an appointment for an ultrasound scan of my heart on Tuesday the 19th March. 11 days ahead suggests they don't think I am in any great danger of missing my appointment. Perhaps they just have a lot of patients? Or they reduce their workload by people falling over while waiting for their appointment. 😊

 Google Earth Pro can't find the address and the direct hospital links are broken. I'd better go on my bike. It's only about 30km each way. The hospital parking crooks robbed me of £70 equivalent on a previous appointment. When I went there in the car. 

 13.45 42F/5.6C. I just checked outside and it really isn't very warm. Not even in the sunshine. There is still a thin film of ice on the puddles in the dome segments. Which are lying in the shade of the house. It has climbed slowly to 66F/19C in the room. I have one of the room windows wide open but it hasn't accelerated the heat exchange from the greenhouse. 

 15.00 69F/21C.

 Something has gone wrong! Half the post has disappeared overnight.

 Dinner was boiled potatoes with two fried eggs and fried, cherry tomatoes. I overdid the eggs very slightly.

 

  ~o~

No comments:

Post a Comment