22 Mar 2024

22.03.2024 Scanning today.

 ~o~

 Friday 22nd 45F/7C. Heavy overcast and raining lightly. Up at 6.15 after 9 trips to the fire bucket in the night. I was sipping water as usual but then added a mug of milky coffee at 8pm.

 7am. I have a 60km/40 mile drive to the more distant hospital for a CT scan. Fingers crossed that the car starts when I reconnect the battery. I believe I qualify for hospital transport. However, the telephone hours were already over at 3pm. When I did my online research yesterday afternoon. They open at 8am. Which might be cutting it a bit fine. Even if there is an immediate response and quick pickup. My appointment is at 9.50. Further research shows they need to be informed the day before the hospital visit. So I don't apply anyway.

 The drive is over an hour by car according to Google Earth route finder. Perhaps slower during the morning commute. I have selected the most direct, rural route well outside the city of Odense. Only rural roads and no motorways. If I allow myself two hours I shall have time to relax before the scan. I could even wander around outside if the rain has stopped. I'll have a shower first and then try to start the car. 

 60km is on the limit for one e-bike battery in cooler conditions. So riding there would be risky from that point of view.           

 7.50. The car started. I'm off.

 12.00 Safely home again. 60F/16C indoors. There were long detour around roadworks in both directions. With one section via an unmade, single track road! Just potholed gravel! I arrived 20 minutes early. I parked the car at the top of the sloping hospital car park. Just in case it wouldn't start. Fortunately the car behaved itself. Though I didn't dare stop the motor once underway. It rained lightly all the way home.

Today's scan was an extra step in my diagnosis. It was for checking my aorta and main arteries. The procedure was not uncomfortable except for inserting the contrast hose in my arm. The sudden warmth it caused, when released into my bloodstream, was strange but short lived and not unpleasant. I had been warned what to expect beforehand.

 The lady who carried out the scan was highly competent, well practiced and cheerful. We spoke only Danish to each other. Which was fine. I understood everything which was said and would have requested clarification if needed. She seemed able to understand me without the need for repetition.

 I will still have the CT scan of my heart at the end of April. Having imagined that today's scan was instead of April's but was mistaken. Today was my arteries. April is my heart.

 I have heard back from the landscaper requesting more information. Still no interest in my big green dome despite halving the price.

 13.45 Late lunch. The sun has just come out. So I may not have to light the stove. It is still rather cloudy and the greenhouse has only reached 70F/21C so far.

 19.00 Lit the stove and then washed up.

 20.00 The sun never amounted to anything. Dinner was chicken, sausage and mushrooms with gravy. It was absolutely superb!

 

  ~o~

 

No comments:

Post a Comment