16 Mar 2024

16.03.2024 It's never ending!

 ~o~

  Saturday 16th 42F/6C. Overcast with strong NW winds up to 19m/s gusts promised.

 Up at 6am after a five trip night. Lower back pain and no washing up done.

 7.00 Breakfast. 66F/19C in the room. 

 7.30 Going for walk. 

 8.30 Back again. Unpleasantly strong wind going. Almost comfortable on the way back. Lots of skylarks this morning. The strange Butterbur flowers were everywhere on the verges. They will have large, rhubarb like leaves later.

 8.45 Brightening with some sunshine and blue patches. A ride to the shops? 

 I was hoping a gentleman would pick up the large green dome today. Now it sounds as if he is unwell. I might as well carry on with my normal activities.

 10.15 Back from the shops. Bright sunshine but blowing a gale! Easy going there in mid 30s kph and Sport mode. Turbo mode and only 22-26kph into the headwind on the way back. Wind roaring in my ears and eyes streaming despite my large sunglasses.

 13.00 Full sunshine. Lunch. I have been stuffing the trailer with willow branches. Then lashing it all down tight. I shall take a tour to the recycling yard. The greenhouse is at 35C/97F! All inner doors are open to spread the warmth. Until I go out.

 14.00 Heading for the recycling yard.

 15.15  45F/7C. Fierce gusts. I delivered the trailer piled high with branches. Being blown about on the huge yard. As a member of staff raced up and down with a huge broom attached to a forklift truck. Very efficient! 

 Then I returned. To start throwing demolition rubble into the sunken part of the garden.This was never possible while the bushes were in the way. So piles of rubble were just standing around. Waiting to be dealt with. I am far too tired to go on now. I have stopped for a rest. The internal windows [covered by the greenhouse] are wide open to let the warmth in. 

 18.30 Washing up backlog cleared. Now I can eat.

 Dinner was cheese on toast with tomatoes. Washed down with a small, organic beer. 

The wind will drop and there will be an overnight frost.  

 

  ~o~

No comments:

Post a Comment