26 Mar 2024

26.03.2024 Breathless planting.

 ~o~

  Tuesday 26th 36F/2C. Light overnight frost showed white on the grass. Dry but cloudy forecast. Brightening later but more windy. Up at 6am. Thursday cooking class has been moved to Tuesday because of Easter. I'll ride there on the e-bike. Dressed warmly! 19km each way. One battery will do.  

 The picture is of my arm this morning. From the hospital visit last week. It hurt at the time of insertion but not afterwards.

 I'll check on progress on the Morris Minor. I pass the door going both ways. So I might as well look in. They have had it since the 8th. Unable to diagnose why the engine won't pick up from low revs.   

 It was cold but sunny riding to the cooking class. The Morris Minor is still in intensive care. It starts banging loudly after it warms up. Then burns out the points in the distributor and the wiring! He had bypassed the wiring and ensured a proper earth to the chassis. Still unsolved! The coil? No date has been set for the car's safe return.

 I made a chocolate cake at cooking class. It was supposed to look like that apparently. Though it should have been rectangular. Rather dry, hard and crumbly. There were no suitable baking trays. So I had to use a round one. It was okay but nobody wanted seconds.

 Only four of us turned up today. I rode home in the opposite direction in sunshine. It was much warmer but now I had a cold headwind. A bird of prey took off from a field and soared low over my head. Lucky I wasn't on the breakfast menu! Another 40km.

 17.00 I had opened the greenhouse covered windows to the room and kitchen. To let some of the 99F/37C warmth in. While I had a nap. I kept nodding off at the computer. It rose from 61F/16C to 65F/18C indoors. A useful boost at no cost to the diminishing wood pile. No need for dinner tonight. I still feel full!

 18.00 I had better light the stove. The temperature is dropping fast. Despite the greenhouse windows being closed for an hour.       

 18.45 It is dusk and I have finally planted out the Buddleias. Which I bought ages ago. The were looking untidy and unhappy for too long in their pots. I had planted them in big iron pots to go near the house. The pots weren't drained and filled with water overnight. My wife would never let me drill these pots. Because the ants would get in. So they spent years on their sides draining another flood! 

 I arranged the plants in a zigzag on my wife's flower bed. So they could breathe if they ever grew. They were bound to be planted on top of something important! Meanwhile I became very breathless and the stove had tried to go out. My chest is full of slime.

 

  ~o~

 

No comments:

Post a Comment