1 Apr 2024

1st April 2024 Gravel.

 ~o~

  Monday 1st 43F/6C. Heavily overcast and misty. Prolonged rain warning for this afternoon onwards. More rain is expected to fall in two days than is normal for the whole of April. Locally 30-50mm. 1.25-2". I had better go shopping this morning. Or go hungry. The local supermarket is open throughout Easter. 

 I am not sure how firm the delivery of the rubble is for today. I ought to be here to point the first trailer full to the exact spot. Some reversing around the gravel heap is inevitable. Whether I need to do more is an unknown. It depends entirely on the skill of the driver.  There is a steel pipe set in concrete. Which sets a strict limit on my gravel clearance. 

 9.30 I have been hacking away at the left edge of the heap again. It is slow, heavy and hard work. The dustbin men have been. So I brought the two wheely bins back from the corner. Time to go shopping.

 10.00 46F/8C. Brightening up. With some sunshine. Back from the shops. No sign of any activity next door. I'll keep working on reducing the overlap of gravel past the pipe. I am throwing it onto the top and back of the heap. So it doesn't have to be moved far when the rubble is in place.

 11.30 Another 30 minutes of hard labour. 

 14.20 The rain started.

 Had a nice, long chat with my brother on the phone.

 Lit the stove.

 Dinner was mince, chips and peas in Bisto gravy. 

 It has reached 71F/22C in the room!

 

  ~o~

No comments:

Post a Comment