24 Apr 2024

24.04.2024 Rumours of my demise..

~o~

 Wednesday 24th 39F/4C [at 8.15] becoming cloudier, with rain forecast.

 I woke up unexpectedly, to daylight, at 6.30am after a weird night. Wide awake at 1am. My only visit to the fire bucket. More out of boredom than necessity. I had deprived myself of fluids after 17.00 except for a small glass of milk. 

 Ironically, I had to have a glass of water. Because I was so parched from mouth breathing. I finally went back to sleep to yet more ludicrous dreams. One memorable highlight was visiting a high street clothes shop. Access and egress being provided only via a small hatch in the facade. On the first floor! And no, it wasn't North Face.

 I think it is safe to say I am finally on the mend. My nose is still running. My chest is full and wheezing but a better night's sleep has helped. My head no longer feels under pressure. Presumably from the formerly overflowing sinuses.

 The morning was spent dozing over YT videos again. I was having a very silly dream while seated and woke myself up to stop the nonsense!

 14.00 Just had a call from the hospital. My Monday appointment for a heart scan has been given to an acute case. So I should be fully recovered from my "man cold" in another three weeks. My foolishly squeaky voice should also have returned. To what passes as normal. [For me] I wonder whether they have been reading about my exploits in moving 3m^3 of stabilgrus [self-compacting gravel] with a shovel. While waiting for a third scan to confirm my mortality. Am I so famous as an online influencer? Surely not? 😂

 The forecast is for temperatures above 20C in a short while. At the same time Denmark has broken records for coldest and wettest going back 80 years to previous extremes. I lit the stove and it went out before the kindling took proper hold. It's an ill omen! I tell thee!  

 Dinner was a fry up of chicken, mushrooms, an egg and fresh tomatoes. Helped down with a buttered bread roll.


~o~


No comments:

Post a Comment