20 Apr 2024

20.04.2024 Survival of the fittest?

 ~o~

  Saturday 20th 37F/3C [at 8.00] Sunny periods but rather cloudy. Northerly winds are moving the boundary trees occasionally. The rain gauge added another 12mm yesterday. Up at 6.20 after a reasonable night. I keep having wet, coughing fits. Slightly yellow phlegm tastes unpleasant. Leaves my chest burning. The coughing seems to be reducing now that I am safely upright again. My chest was wheezing in the night on each exhalation. 

 I have to keep blowing my nose. Kleenex tissues seem to have a lost a lot of strength recently. Despite the false advertising claims of "always soft and strong" on the box. There is no visible mention of country of origin. My trusty magnifying glass isn't up to deciphering the sub-micro text on the tear out oval. Printed on a dark blue background for minimal intelligibility? What are they afraid of?

 Only 61F/16C in the room. How long will it take me to get around to lighting the stove today? It takes only seconds but I resent the loss of logs. I have almost used up the previous trailer load. The new lot was separated from the old with a strip of cardboard for ease of identification. 

 Logic suggests that the older logs will be drier. Though this is weather dependent. Very dry logs will become damper again with higher, outdoor air humidity. Then dry again. Provided I bring them into the heated room early enough. The greenhouse storage humidity is variable. 

 Dinner was mackerel on toast with fresh tomatoes. Still coughing at intervals. Which hurts. While my snotty nose is becoming stuffy.

 

  ~o~

No comments:

Post a Comment