7 Jun 2023

7.06.2023 Dust storm!

 ~o~

 Wednesday 7th 10C/51F. Heavy overcast. Today the forecast promises a very light westerly breeze and later sunshine. Museum day. 

 7.00 Going for an early walk again. The benefits outweigh the time required.

 8.00 11C/52F. It was cool and grey on my shortened walk. I was entertained by the various voices. Of the many warblers in the hedgerows. I returned home to discover a thrush in the garden trees. With a much larger pair of lungs. Probably trying to drown out those pesky blackbirds.

 At the museum I had a busy morning tidying the roadside bank and removing the resulting debris. Then onto clearing the enclosed yard of fallen moss, leaves and thatch. A motorized drum brush was effective but raised huge clouds of dust!

The newly resurrected herb garden at the museum. In the background from right to left: The clockmaker's cottage [red.] The bee keeper's house [white.] Extreme left is the smithy with its tiled roof. I believe all these buildings were imported from surrounding villages in the past. Then rebuilt and restored with professional authenticity. 

 The clockmaker's cottage is being reorganized. It now contains a display of antique children's toys, a clock collection and an early, school classroom.

15.00 20C/68F. In sunshine. After leaving the museum I shopped on the way home. I took a risk and bought a bag of the new porridge. It was around half the price of my original, organic choice of many years. No doubt a loss leader to pull in the sales. Before rapidly increasing in price in the absence of any other choice. Perhaps the original had priced itself out of the market? '

 After chatting online I fell asleep and slept until 5.30.

 Dinner was poached eggs on toast. I didn't feel very hungry. The eggs were perfect.


~o~

No comments:

Post a Comment