6 Jun 2023

6.06.2023 Perspective on steroids.

 ~o~

 Tuesday 6th 50F, Bright sunshine from a milky sky.  Smudgy clouds look more like mist rising. Up at 6am. Another fine day in a whole series. I shall, of course, be riding to cooking class. After a leisurely preparation.

6.45 Time for an early walk. 

7.45. Back from my walk and morning coffee is over. It really wasn't very warm. Though the breeze was light enough not to exacerbate the chill. My throat felt wet and I keep trying to clear it. The grasses and many trees are in flower. So that may be the cause. I am not usually prone to hay fever.

 The mist was not quite as dense as yesterday's. Giving a strangely exaggerated sense of perspective. As each, more distant feature, was increasingly softened. It reminded me of puppet theaters from my childhood. Where flat backdrops were spaced, at intervals in the foreground. To give a false impression of depth to the stage.

 Blackbirds sang at various distances. Reinforcing the mist's own 3D effect. Warblers and other birds chattered in every tree and hedgerow. Skylarks rose and sang sweetly on high. The traffic was back to normal.

 The forecast is for rising temperatures. Up to 26C/79F. Keeping the greenhouse end doors open all day. Along with the doubled shade nets. Has kept the temperatures comfortably low out there. All the windows are "on the catch" 24x7 to keep a gentle airflow going. 

 Upstairs temperatures are hovering in the low 70s. [21-23C] Any higher and I will have to sleep downstairs. No big deal. I'll use the folding foam mattress with a memory foam, over-mattress on top. No point in getting involved in a real bed. Getting one back up the narrow stairs would be a major undertaking!

 15.00 Safely home from cooking class. I made apple and bacon. The bacon was diced first from a slab and fried. Then the bacon fat used to stir fry the thin apple slices. An onion was sliced and lightly fried to golden brown. It took me while to prepare it all but It tasted rather good. 

 It was cold riding there. A headwind coming home. 19km each way.  It has reached 22C/72F now in bright sunshine but I kept my jacket on. Because of the wind. 28km/hr average speed. That was the last cooking class until August.

 No dinner required as I ate at the class. Had a milky coffee and a biscuit. It is odd how things suddenly occur to me to make life easier. I reversed the cutlery tray in the drawer. Now the most used items are more easily accessible.

 

 ~o~

No comments:

Post a Comment