11 Jun 2023

11.06.2023 Battery pit stop.

 ~o~

 Sunday 11th 14C/57F. Clear, bright and windy. Easterly winds rocking the trees again. The last of the laundry has gone out on the rotary airer. Perfect conditions for rapid drying.

  7.15. Time for a walk. The garden is full of birdsong.

  8.00 17C/62F. Shorter walk than usual. Windy and already warm. The warblers did their best to entertain. 

 Quarry pit stop to swap batteries.

  Where shall I go today? If I head east I shall have a tailwind coming home. Instead of which I am repeating yesterday's ride, more or less, but avoiding main roads. Heading north to two flea/antique markets. Which weren't open when I was there. Just out of curiosity. No plans to add to the burden.

 13.30 23C/73F. Just returned from a ride of 88km in 3h20m Averaging 26km/hr, 800W and 81rpm. 56% sport mode. The rest Tour mode with some Turbo. I didn't need my jacket today. The wind was a nuisance at times. 

 I visited the first flea market and then pressed on northwards to the second. Which was closed! All that way for nothing. So I visited Bogense while I was in the area. Where I bought another pack of small cartons of organic apple juice. I made sure to consume one micro-Corny bar and an apple juice every hour. Just to stay topped up. 

 I did not notice the saddle for the outward journey but became progressively more uncomfortable on the way back. It wasn't friction or rubbing. The padded bibs seemed unable to prevent pressure pain beyond a modest riding distance. The leather of the broad gauge saddle is flexing to finger pressure. So I can't blame it on being too hard. 

 My knees are slightly more pink. Today's bibs were shorter on the leg than the Wiggle shorts. My suddenly bare arms seem not to have changed from lightly tanned. They may redden if there is a delay in the skin's reaction to solar exposure. I have been wearing a jacket until now. This was the first ride in just a short sleeved cycling jersey.

 Dinner time is approaching. I should be using up the salad stuff before it goes off. Or I could make a Sunday dinner again. I have chicken and mushrooms to use up. Boiled potatoes, peas and carrots with gravy?  Or salad with boiled potatoes and salmon. Decisions-decisions!

No salad cream! It was still fine. No tomatoes either and I could have added a boiled egg. The potatoes had 45 minutes of simmering and were still only just cooked.

 

~o~

No comments:

Post a Comment