14 Jun 2023

14.06.2023 Walking wounded!

 ~o~

 Wednesday 14th 20C/67F. [at 8am] Bright sunshine and breezy again. Museum day. 25C/77F upstairs all night. Slept comfortably under a duvet cover. I was tired.

 I am going in the car. I need time to repair the damage. 

 A short walk and then I drove to the museum. 

 Sent home early after being stung on top of my head by a bee. It was hot and they were aggressive after the hives were disturbed early on. I developed a splitting headache but the pain of the sting was soon gone. I was advised to apply onion flesh to the wound. 

 Not sure whether that worked. Or was what gave me the headache. If you can smell onions then it's probably me. If you smell onions and there is a swarm of bees around my head.. then it's definitely me.

 I quickly recovered after a pain killer and drove to visit my British friend. A couple of hours of chatting, while watching the birds in his large, rural garden, was very relaxing. A beautiful Nuthatch kept us amused as it foraged right in front of us. 

For dinner I pigged my way through a pile of chips with chicken and mushrooms.

 

~ o~


No comments:

Post a Comment