17 Jun 2023

17.06.2023 Climb every mountain!

 ~o~

 Saturday 17th 21C/70F [at 8.00am] Bright sunshine with light northerly winds. I slept upstairs and was comfortable under the duvet cover. Woke at 7 after various interruptions. The temperature dropped to 74F by this morning. One village in Sjælland [Zealand] enjoyed all of Denmark's desperately needed rain. Time for a walk.

09.00 24C/75F It is already prickly and sweaty hot walking in the sunshine. Weekend traffic was quiet. Blackbirds competing for audible distance records. The hedgerows were full of bird antics. Fields gorgeously coloured as the individual crops ripen.

 I plan on a ride but am still undecided as to direction and distance. I shall have to add even more sun cream. Also remember my scarf to protect my neck.

18.00 26C/78F. Whoops! I forgot to update. 74km on one battery. Down to 12% charge. Went searching for hills towards and above Fåborg. Lots! There's a whole ridge of them. Jordløse, Håstrup, Svanninge, Trunderup, etc. Views for miles! Mostly climbing in Sport Mode 65% at a high cadence. 100-110rpm. So a good workout for myself and the battery. 26C and sunshine. Called in on my friend at half way for a chat. Then home for a late lunch. Chatted online afterwards. A nap. Then more chatting again. 

 Dinner was beans on toast. I had nothing to go with chicken and mushrooms! 


~o~

No comments:

Post a Comment