12 Jan 2023

12.01.2023 Under Doctor's orders.

 ~~

 Thursday 12th 5C/41F. Up at 6am after waking every hour to pee in the bucket. Doctor's appointment at 8.15.  

 The fire lit quickly using the new method. Sweeping the chimney and the stove worked wonders. I had a shower and changed into outdoor clothes.

The car didn't want to start! For the first time in ages. It had been standing in the rain and mist for days without an outing. Fortunately I checked it well before having to leave. It fired eventually and I left it to warm up for a few minutes to dry off. 

 The doctor gave me an antibiotic on the spot and asked for a urine sample. Despite my best efforts and agony. I could only manage a little finger depth in the disposable cup. The precious sample has gone off to be analysed for the specific bacteria in my system. Hopefully to allow it to be more closely targeted by antibiotics. I am exhausted from so many sleepless nights!

 9.30 Raining. Morning coffee. Back home after doing a bit of essential grocery shopping on the way home. The stove is still going well. The car keeps missing. Believed to be water in the fuel filter. Which I haven't found yet. I need a nap!

14.20 Brief sunshine. I had a long chat via Bluetooth, my hearing aids and my mobile phone [on speaker] with my British friend. Then prepared and ate lunch while we continued to chat. 

 Now I have to go out to fetch my antibiotic prescription. I have restarted taking the original tablets which I believe caused my severe shoulder pain. It was that, or start a course of something I might like even less! Think Friar Tuck, no beard and with boobies! 😱

 17.00 I had another nap as I tried to catch up. No doubt leading to difficulty in sleeping later. 

 Dinner was the second half of the tinned soup and a roll. It struggled to stay down for a while.

 Bed at 10.30. The stove had gone out while I was watching TV upstairs.


~~

No comments:

Post a Comment