13 Jan 2023

13.01.2023 Another long, grey day.

 ~~

 Friday 13th 42F. Another wet and windy day. With more queuing to go over. It is cooler indoors because the stove wasn't going until late.

 Up at 7.00 after a better night, I woke only twice to pee in the bucket. The pain is receding but only slowly. Remaining seated avoids the signal to dash off to the bathroom. That mustn't prevent me from lighting the stove. I have absolutely no desire for a walk in this weather! Besides, I feel exhausted both mentally and physically.

9.15. 6C/43F.Stove lit by the new method. [Criss-crossed kindling sticks and a fire lighter] The recalcitrant log, left from last night, took a while to ignite. Soon, however, the Stove's voluminous combustion chamber was full of dancing flames. Resulting in a need to steadily reduce the air supply.

 Researching "the enlarged prostate" issue raised some interesting questions. One YT doctor wanted us to massage our prostate glands internally! There is no way in this life I am going to follow that advice! Though it did make me think:

 Cycling must provide deep prostate massage on an almost unlimited scale. Simply from road bumps through the narrow, rock hard saddle. It is completely unavoidable. Do elderly cyclists tend to suffer from reduced prostate enlargement statistically? This should not be too difficult to prove. So I checked online. Cycling can irritate an enlarged prostate but the exercise is considered beneficial.

 Pumpkin seeds were also extolled as a magic elixir for prostate reduction. Not yet with proven effectiveness, in large scale tests, according to "medical science." Though its use does have a long history. 

 My wife was keen on my chomping though a few grams of pumpkin seeds. At daily intervals as a beneficial nibble. I had almost forgotten about that. So I bought some organic pumpkin seeds while I was in the village supermarkets. Easily found and inexpensive. I shall try 10g per day to see if it helps. Nothing ventured... 

 Further research suggests cutting down on dairy and meat. I am no longer a red meat eater but have milk, Yoghurt, butter and cheese daily. I eat hardly any vegetables any more. How do I change that sorry state of affairs?

 12.15 A miserably dark, wet and windy day continues. The frequency of my toilet visits is subsiding rapidly. Provided I remain seated. I napped while watching the stove but it wasn't really warm enough at 13C. So I retreated back to the computer upstairs at 17C/64F and donned my down jacket. Just in case.

 Dinner was perfect poached eggs on toast. Which really struggled to stay down! Resulting in another glass of bicarbonate of soda at bedtime. Lying down soon afterwards was not a good idea!


~~

No comments:

Post a Comment