18 Jan 2023

18.01.2023 Nocturnal bin movements.

 ~~

 Wednesday 18th +1C/34F. Cold and breezy but sunny periods promised. Only 10C/50F in the lounge.  15C/59F upstairs. Ice on the car and greenhouse roof.

 8..00 The stove is lit but I can't be here all day to feed it logs. First museum day of the year. I will have to dress warmly. I was freezing at times outdoors at the museum. It's  balance between looking like a complete scruff and needing to do different manual work.

 Thick down jacket and long thermal underwear. Too warm!

 Hearing aid follow-up, in town, after lunch.

 12.30 Safely home after a morning of brushing rehabilitated rooms after the builders had been busy. Then raking leaves and fallen twigs and trundling full barrows to the woods. Had a nice chat [in Danish] with one of the volunteers about thatched roofing. Then a chat with another about heat pumps. The offer I had to install a heat pump was a complete rip-off!  New volunteer arrived. One not coming any more. +1 -1 = 0? No change.

 The house had cooled to 14C this morning with the stove not being fed. Weak sunshine will help the greenhouse warm a little. Though the sun was soon gone again. I need more kindling.

 Afternoon in town. There were roadworks everywhere. So parking and access was very difficult.

 I bought a larger and more powerful oil-filled radiator. As the small one was really struggling to keep the kitchen warm enough for the fridge-freezer to work. The new one can manage 1kw. The old one only 500W.

 I fell asleep on my return intending to have half an hour. I slept for an hour and half!

 Dinner was mackerel on toast followed by soup and a roll. I wish I hadn't had anything! I feel full and nauseous.

 21.30 +1C/33F. Most of the contents of the fridge-freezer has gone into the bin. So I had no excuse not to remember take the black bin along the drive to the pickup point. The sky was clear and a light frost sparkled in the torchlight.


~~

No comments:

Post a Comment