9 Jan 2023

9.01.2023 Housebound, for the lack of a camouflaged bucket!

 ~~

Monday 9th 5C/41F. Early rain should clear to another grey day. Up at 6.15 after waking every half hour throughout the night to pea a dribble of brown, sulphuric acid. All night I was dripping with sweat despite the light, summer duvet. 19C/66F upstairs. I couldn't face breakfast. So just had a cup of coffee. Still wobbly and fuzzy. I haven't eaten anything since yesterday's morning muesli. So I ought to eat something.

 8.00 Still very dark. I managed half a bowl of muesli washed down with tea.

 My British friend arrived with short notice. Just time for a shower and he was there at the door. We had a good long chat on all the things which interest us both. There was much discussion on why the stove was sulking. Eventually it stopped pretending to go out but far too late. It had disgraced itself and it's owner!

 11.00 What now? I feel a bit better but not 100%.

 13.00  I've had a lie down to rest.

 13.15 6C/43F. Heavy overcast. Finished lunch. Two "multi-grain" bread rolls. With cheese, honey, jam and a cup of tea. Now I am wondering whether a walk would be a good idea. Fresh air and some exercise. It might do me good. Or not. I didn't have the strength. Nor a camouflaged bucket. I have several neighbours to pass within my frequency limits.

  19.00 Doctor's appointment for Thursday. Will I survive that long? Will I make it from the car to the surgery waiting room without my white bucket? Will I make it back again afterwards [with or without my bucket?] How do I avoid being arrested as a flasher? Possibly even deported as an undesirable alien? These are important questions! As I sit here sweating and shivering by turns in a semi-tropical 21C/70F.

 20.00  I managed half a tin of tomato soup for dinner. It was a struggle.


~~


No comments:

Post a Comment