31 Jan 2023

31.01.2023 Keep on cookin'!

 ~~

 Tuesday 31st 37F. A grey, wet and very windy day is forecast. Gusting to 28m/s [63mph] at 17.00! 

 Up at 6.45 after an earlier attempt at 5.00 failed to reach escape velocity.  Tuesday cooking class today. 

 I am experimenting with a lot of dark screen modes on W11. Now I am worried about  SAD. [Seasonal Affective Disorder.]  There is an identical dormer window facing south. So I could sit there. Of course I would be blinded by the sun for most of the day. Though I could pull the blind down halfway. Then I could watch the distant traffic racing along the road. I ought to try sitting in that spot first. Before uprooting all the computer stuff. I don't think it will be very practical.

 I am used to the present position, facing north. The big TV screen to my left. My wife could see my daily collection of pictures on the monitor from her TV chair. I have even moved the shelving units upstairs. To flank my computer chair on either side. Do I really want to move everything again? What would I really gain?

 I could move the computer downstairs on a seasonal basis. To match the best comfort temperatures. Or face west to look through the glazed balcony. Or east, to watch the birds in the overgrown, abandoned back garden, next door. Even more depressing! So many options. Too much time to think about the past.

 8.15 Stove lit. Twirly for a shower. I could start gathering some clothes together in readiness. Have another look at the laundry?  A fresh load of towels is arranged on the rack to dry. The washing machine could run while I am not at home. Isn't that what normal people do? 

 15.00 6C/43F  Just back from cooking class and shopping on the way home. Had a good time as usual. They are a nice lot of people. Major detours due to road works.

 No dinner because I had eaten at the class.

~~

No comments:

Post a Comment