10 Jan 2023

10.01.2023 Stove watching.

 ~~

Tuesday 10th 4C/39F. A patchy sky of clear and cloud. Up at 6.00. I had to pee in the bucket almost every hour during the night. Sweating like a pig and smelling worse when I got finally up. My T-shirt was sopping wet. I managed half a bowl of muesli and a cup of coffee. Then two cups of tea at intervals to keep up my fluids. I had a stomach ache and queasiness almost all day yesterday. Particularly after eating. Now I just don't feel hungry. Nor ready for a walk.

 The sweep is coming tomorrow, Wednesday, between 8 & 9am. The stove has been struggling at times. So it will be useful to have the expert's advice. I opened up the bend fitting of the stovepipe. To check if it was clear. It was certainly sooty but didn't suggest enough obstruction to cause any problems. The large diameter leaves plenty of room for air and smoke to reach the main chimney.

 16.30 43F. A day spent watching non-existent flames in the stove. It's about as exciting as watching an old B&W TV when there is no signal. Other than that I haven't eaten anything much but keep having cups of tea. Had a nap. "Somebody" is going to do some washing up soon. Preferably before it gets up and walks away on its own.

 No dinner tonight. I ate a couple of biscuits.

~~

No comments:

Post a Comment