21 Jan 2023

21.01.2023 Wall to wall sunshine.

 ~~

  Saturday 21st 0C/32F. Frost on the grass. Ice on the puddles. Cloud clearing to bright sunshine. Up at 7.00 

 Morning walk as the sun rose. A little chilly on the hands when I took my gloves off but not unpleasant. First photos taken in over a week.

 Had a chat with my English friend online. Always cheerful and a fund of useful information. 

 10.30. 34F. Time to split more logs!  

 12.00  36F. Clear sky and bright sunshine. Had to take a break from splitting. I am beginning to ache. Probably half finished the latest trailer load. With three full barrows going into the greenhouse this morning. It feels very warm in the greenhouse in direct sunshine. 

 I would escape to the observatory to do some solar imaging. However I dismantled the telescopes for the recent storm. With much delayed work needed on the observatory urgently required I haven't put it back together. 

 13.30  Lunch over. A breeze is picking up as it clouds over. It had reached 15C/60F in the greenhouse. Which had pushed the kitchen up to 64F/18C with the help of the sunshine.  

 15.00 Cloudy afternoon. I completed splitting all the oversized logs. They have been barrowed into the greenhouse and stacked against the house wall. Approximately four square meters in all. About a quarter of the trailer is still full of useful log sizes. Plus the smaller pieces suitable for kindling or just boosting the fire. 

 I shall have to empty the trailer soon. To be able to fetch some gravel for the shared drive. The trailer is safely covered with its fitted tarpaulin for the moment.

 Dinner was poached eggs on toast. Slightly overdone. So the yolks were only marginally runny. My fault for going away to put another log in the stove.

~~

No comments:

Post a Comment