30 Jan 2023

30.01.2023 Reverse Robin Hood taxation.

 ~~

 Monday 30th 38F, gales. Up at 6am. The wind was causing a noise outside. I'll probably have to wait for daylight to find the source. It could be something being blown about. I need better outside lighting.

 There was massive hike in solid fuel prices after the gas central heating owners lit their stoves. Due to Pootin weaponising gas price inflation. The price for solid fuel still hasn't come down. Now there is going to be a refund to gas central heating owners from a windfall tax on profiteering gas supply companies. 

 Meanwhile, solid fuel users are paying 250% higher charges for their vital fuel supplies. Subsidising the central heating owners is called a Reverse Robin Hood attack on the Danish poor. Because the poor can't afford to have gas central heating installed let alone heat with gas. Many are splitting old industrial pallets to keep warm in their uninsulated homes and hovels. 

 Gas causes climate change. It puts bullets in Russian guns and explosives in Russian missiles. Solid [wood] fuel is largely CO2 neutral. Pootin can't destroy Ukraine's housing blocks with profits from solid fuel. Subsidised gas consumers are subsidising war crimes. Keep taking the money! 

Why does Firefox routinely ignore added and set languages for spelling checker? Always reverting to US English and deleting GB English and Danish as options. I have added the GB dictionary countless times. Is it blogger ignoring language preferences? Nope. Blogger settings show GB English as the default language. Yet it throws spelling faults every time I use "s" instead of "z." Thunderbird has no problem with GB English spelling checks. 

 My morning walk began with a heavy shower driven by the wind. I quickly exited the main road to avoid further drenching by traffic spray. The neighbours' shared drive is becoming a safer option in wet weather. Albeit shorter than my usual walks at 220 meters each way. As soon a I turned back towards home the rain stopped. My back was aching. No doubt due to two days shoveling gravel for the drive. I should take it easy today. A grocery shopping trip beckons.

 13.25 5C/41F Lunch over. Mostly grey, but with brief brighter periods. I have had a lazy morning browsing on the computer. I have swapped my old 28" Samsung TV for my observatory monitor.  Though slightly smaller at 27" the AOC monitor is a clear improvement on the 1080HD TV. Text is much clearer using the 2560x1440 setting. Though it required 175% scaling to make the text readable at 90cm viewing distance. 17º visual angle on the diagonal.

 16.00 Returned from a shopping trip to restock. The drive looks no better for all my efforts. Puddles hiding the new gravel. I have finally trimmed my beard.

 Dinner was a fry up. Chicken, mushrooms, egg and beans. Mopped up with a bread roll. The egg got stuck again. The chicken and mushrooms were overcooked as I struggled with the egg. 

~~

No comments:

Post a Comment