30 May 2023

30.05.2023 Going the extra miles for coffee.

 ~o~

 Tuesday 30th 58F/14C. Bright at first then overcast. More sun promised for later. Wind highly variable.

08.30. Last laundry finished, put away or hung outside. Warblers are chattering away in the garden trees. Time for a walk. Then a ride to the shops?

11.00 64F. Becoming more sunny. My walk was filled with birdsong. The solitary male pheasant was in the same place on the big field. He seems okay because he was standing and feeding. There were drifts of catkins and seeds everywhere.

 I took a few photos with my camera. Just for a change. Going to the shops now. Slightly more distant supermarkets to reach outlets other than those available locally.

13.30 Back from a 31km ride to the shops. 27km/hr average and 80rpm. Only a jar of coffee to show for my efforts. The bread shelves hadn't been restocked after the holiday. Lovely weather and lots of birds. Including a harrier. Which drifted across the road. At head height and just in front of me. 

 I was overtaken by a keen cyclist riding on the drops. He was averaging 32-35km/hr. I could have overtaken him but let him make a gap and then stayed well back. I used Turbo mode on a couple of climbs on the way back. 320% assistance will help me up anything at impressive speeds!

I heard back from the Moustache dealer. They said it would take a fortnight to receive the replacement prop stand. I told them to go ahead and order it.

 18.00 It reached 20C/68F this afternoon. I did a local shopping ride into the village to catch up after the long weekend. Only 10km. More experiments with Turbo mode. Climbing at 40kph to quickly get out of the way of the traffic on a blind bend. I forgot to buy more potatoes!

Chips, fish fingers and beans. There weren't many chips left so I needed a filler. 

~o~


No comments:

Post a Comment