12 May 2023

12.05.2023 North it is then.


 ~o~

 Friday 12th 54F. Bright but rather cloudy. The easterly breeze is back. Both batteries fully charged. North is best. I have the range. No need for haste. Decisions-decisions.

13.00 22C/71F. Lunch over. I reached my goal of a garden centre near the north coast. The first leg was exactly the same as I used to go to the cooking class. So I enjoyed the new route in bright sunshine. Later I took a rather circuitous route to avoid the main roads. Taking in a stately home on a lake surrounded in forest.

 I got slightly lost despite having a GPS map on my phone and the handlebars. I arrived at a tiny, rural village with no destination signs. Where I turned left instead of doglegging straight ahead. Nothing major and it hardly added to the distance. [Liar!🙊] 62km to the garden centre. 85km [53 miles] total when I reached home again. Tour mode going. Sport mode on the way back. 50% of each overall.

 I had taken the main road back for speed. 3h15m total traveling time. Averaging 26km/hr. I had to stop and change batteries on the way back. I wore padded racing shorts under my thin, cycling trousers. With increasing saddle soreness as time passed. I was being bombarded with black flies for most of the way. I heard that this is related to muck spreading. Am I really supposed to be enjoying this? 😎

 Dinner was an unhealthy fry-up.

~o~

No comments:

Post a Comment