13 May 2023

13.05.2023 Unlucky for sum!

 ~o~

 Saturday 13th 57F. Bright sunshine. 

  I ought to do a trip to the recycling yard. There are loads of old polystyrene fruit boxes from my wife's gardening activities. They were free at supermarkets, large, light and useful containers. They'd last for years out of doors if handled carefully. I probably have a trailer full. They are white and ugly and stand out like sore thumbs against the burgeoning weeds.

 8.30 Walk and morning coffee over. Lots of bird activity and noise. The warblers are here. I love their excited, chatter-like songs. Greenfinches were wheezing out of sight. A hare was grazing out on the fields. Several drivers waved. 

 I'll load up the trailer. Check around to see if there is anything else I can get rid of. There were loads of trailers at the recycling yard. Spring cleaning and sunshine is a perfect combination.

 Isn't it weird that Denmark is the only country in Europe without consumer protection? It was bad enough being ripped off by Netto on every visit. Now Rema1000 is using the same tactics. A higher price on the checkouts than on the shelves. 

 I don't shop often in Netto. I shop all the time in Rema1000. No local choice! Now I have to watch every single purchase. How am I supposed to remember every shelf price for bags full of shopping? Then check the faded micro-text on the till receipt. While there is a long queue waiting to be served. Talk about a license to print money! I have just been ripped off for 30 kroner. [£3.51 in olde money]

 1.40 20C/68F. A warbler keeps coming back to my dormer window to collect spiders webs. Presumably to help with nest building.

 I visited my British friend in the late morning. Returning home after 60km total. [37 miles] 90% Sport mode leaving 21% battery charge and averaging 28km/hr. [17mph] I deliberately avoided swapping batteries today. Just to see if it affected anything. Several km/miles were riding on gravel tracks. As I explored a potential shortcut. It did not lead anywhere useful but was good practice riding quickly on a loose surface. 

 I am pleased with my progress in mastering 2 wheels again. It seems to have taken far longer than expected. I am experimenting with hands off on empty lanes. To ensure I can give clear hand signal without wobbling. I know it sounds daft after the thousands of miles I must have ridden on 2 wheels over 70 years. I have been riding only a trike, for so long [12 years?] I simply lost the knack of riding a bike.

 I experimented in not wearing padded shorts today. It was no more uncomfortable wearing thin trousers and pants. [Than padded racing shorts] It is only towards the end of a ride that I need to shift around on the saddle. 

 Dinner was nearly toast. Then I decided on fish fingers, pasta, peas and tinned tomatoes.


~o~

No comments:

Post a Comment