29 May 2023

29.05.2023 A bit of a stretch.

 ~o~

 Monday 29th 14C/58F. Bright sunshine after a cloudy start. Another bank holiday. "They" should cut back on them. So pensioners can do their daily shopping. Oh, they have! There will be one holiday short of a set next year in Denmark. This is to pay for shiny, new [Chinese] replacements for Ukrainian subsidies of obsolete weapons.

 I have invented an outdoors clothes airer. For when the rotary clothes airer is full to overflowing. Due to a lack of motivated laundry workers at Chez Hovel. I am going to call it "a washing line." Because it is straight, you see? It'll never catch on but I have applied for a patent anyway. Or, I could just register the name..?

 More seriously: Where shall I go today? I have run out of bread rolls. So a quick, local shopping trip is indicated. Nearest open supermarket? 8km or 10km? Choose one.

 13.00 20C/68F. Just returned from a stretched ride to the shops. I managed to push it up to a hilly 48km instead of 16km. 1h:50m of moving time. Averaging 26km/hr. 81rpm  and 90W averages. Battery down to 38% after 78% use of Sport Mode. The rest in Tour mode. I overtook three keen cyclists out training. Again, they were no match for the e-bike on the hills.

 I reached the coast and spotted Oystercatchers, Lapwings and Shelducks. Multiple gulls as well of course. All my padded cycling shorts were drying outside. So I had to wear ordinary shorts. These weren't too bad. Provided I shifted around on the saddle occasionally. The saddle nose was tilted up slightly before I left. Which seemed to help. My legs are looking pink. I kept my cycling jacket on. So my arms were covered again.

 Continuing to battle the backlog of laundry while the sun shines. All done and put away! Just a load of socks drying on the outside clothes airer. My poor T-shirts are just rags! Full of holes and coming apart at the seams. Some of them must be over twenty years old.

 Dinner will be mackerel on toast. It's ages since I had that. After yesterday's Sunday Dinner triumph I deserve a rest from such extreme culinary duties. This domesticity thing is badly overrated! 


~o~

No comments:

Post a Comment