10 May 2023

10.05.2023 Slab[b]ing away.

 ~o~

 Wednesday 10th 55F. Bright sunshine through thin, high cloud. Already windy from the SE. Museum day and I will be riding there. 

 A short walk first. Had a chat with my nice neighbour as he walked their dogs.

 8.30 15C/59F. I walked only a few hundred yards. To capture some images of the flowering crops. It is difficult to reproduce the colours accurately when aiming into the sun. I just thought it made an interesting composition.

 15.00 63F. More slab laying at the museum. Hopefully the last. Followed by brushing fine sand into the joints. After lunch I cleared gravel paths free of weeds.

I rode to the museum against the wind in the morning. Back again for lunch. Then back again into the wind. Finally back home again with the wind behind me. My average speed for the journey varied between 25 and 27km/hr. Primarily in Sport mode. With a boost of Turbo to carry me uphill.

 It was a warm and very beautiful, spring day. A highlight is riding through the woods. Where the trees are showing off their fresh crop of leaves. Perfectly lit by the warm sunshine. I saw my first flock of swallows cavorting together.

The view towards the mill pond at the museum. The mill no longer exists.

 I now need to open the outer doors to the greenhouse. It is too hot out there and I don't need the excess heat indoors. It is already over 22C/72F indoors. I left the outer doors closed but put the upstairs windows and bathroom on the catch for ventilation.

17.00 17C/62F. Overcast, with rain threatened in the forecast. 

17.25 It has just started to rain lightly. Bringing stronger winds too.

  Dinner was poached eggs on toast. I was so ashamed I didn't take a picture!

~o~

No comments:

Post a Comment