22 Sept 2024

22.09.2024 Sunshine tootle.

 ~o~

  Sunday 22nd 56F/13C [09.00] Mist clearing to sunshine. There was a national thick mist warning from the DMI.

 Up at 7.40 after a difficult night. I seemed to be awake more than asleep. Dreaming when I was dozing. Finding the fire bucket by moonlight. To avoid disturbing my sleep any more than absolutely necessary. 6am arrived and was ignored as I drifted off again. With later times similarly going unnoticed. 

 Thanks to the unusually warm and sunny days the indoors is hovering just under 70F/21C. Helped at intervals by drawing on the warmth from the lean-to greenhouse. Simply by opening the door into the house. The single layer of shade netting does not block nearly as much solar heat as two layers. Which helps as the sub sinks lower. While the doubled shading darkens the southerly rooms too much without summer sunshine. Temperatures are finally expected to drop steadily this week. From peaks of 21C/70F down to only 12C/53F. 

 I have plenty of sun-baked firewood but will have to consider restocking before winter. My smaller trailer, towed by the Morris, will present new challenges to overcome. The timber yard will sell half a cubic meter of logs but uses machines with vast buckets for loading customer's trailers. The buckets are quickly detachable. So it may be possible to better match my needs. The idea of lifting spilled logs from the ground to fill the trailer. Is just not practical at my age and present level of health.  

 In a perfect world I would be gardening, demolishing the observatory or tidying indoors. Instead of which I shall be enjoying another trip in the Morris Minor. The weather conditions are so perfect. There is a large flea and antique market I haven't visited for quite a while. It is only open on odd Sundays including today. My wife and I used to visit it regularly. 

 Fifty kilometers each way is too far for another e-bike ride today. Though I have ridden there once. I have two days of saddle soreness to overcome! 

 13.15 67F/19C. Returned in warm sunshine from my drive. I didn't see anything I wanted to buy.  The Sunday traffic was light enough to let me cruise at my own speed. [60-70kph/40-45mph] The Danish national speed limit is only 80kph or about 50mph. The Morris gets a bit noisy inside at that speed. Much quieter at slightly less.

 Dinner was salad. I gave the boiled eggs 12 minutes before cooling them off. They were still just on the point of being runny. 


  ~o~

 

No comments:

Post a Comment