31 Mar 2023

31.03.2023 Tote that sack!

 

 

~~

Friday 31st 7C/45F. Cool, misty and overcast. Seems to be brightening. Only a few light showers possible this morning. My back is aching. Going for a walk.

 9.00 Increasingly misty and dark, but remaining dry. The hedges were noisy with birds on my way out. Quieter on my return. I doubt visibility extended beyond 200m but nobody had their rear fog lights lit.

 I had the e-bike battery on charge while I was out. It was at 76% after my last ride. The lounge had cooled overnight. The surface temperature of the battery case rose from the ambient 16C up to 21C. Which puts it centrally in the most recommended recharging temperature range. The battery is warming itself during charging. 

 I now need more kindling but the weather is slowly improving. Do I buy three sacks? With a potential overlap  into the start of the next heating season. Or just buy it as needed? This is decidedly car and mobility dependent. I am increasingly concerned that the car [mid 1990s] won't last much longer. A reserve of kindling can be stored. To dry out over the summer. The kindling supplier is over seven, very hilly miles away. So difficult to impossible to transport a sack by bike or trike.

 I collected three bags of kindling and did some grocery shopping. The mist was surprisingly patchy. With no obvious connection with altitude. I lit my rear fog lamp and left it on. The car I followed along the main road home had no visible, rear lights at all!

 After lunch I rode to Odense to visit more cycle shops. 73km, average 24kmh, 82rpm, 3 hours. One of the cycle shop owners has kindly offered to bring in his personal Bosch Nyon display. I've made an appointment and will drive over there next week. This is the nearest I have come to the Nyon so far after visiting at least 10 cycle shops. 

 It poured with rain from 17.00 onwards. I was about 2/3rds of the way home. So I was soaked again! The Endura jacket was mostly dry inside but damp at the hem. It could have soaked up the rain from my wet bibs.

 For dinner I decided to use up the sausage. There were some mushrooms too. I put the carrots in early. So they had a good long simmer. The peas went into the same pan for the last few minutes. 35minutes of simmering produced boiled potatoes ready for mashing. A drop of milk and a bit of butter later. Perfection! I couldn't fault any of it. 😋

 

~~

No comments:

Post a Comment