25 Mar 2023

25.03.2023 Move that lever!


 ~~

  Saturday 25th 44F. Heavy overcast, scattered showers forecast for all day.

 My sister has sent me pictures of her gorgeous, red Moustache MTB. She chose to put the dropper post lever on the left side of the handlebars. I chose the right and now find confusion with the gear change levers. I'll see if I can relocate mine to the left.

 View from the front:

 7.45 Still dry. Ready for my walk. Or not. I managed only ten yards before it started raining. I had donned a lightweight windproof jacket. So it was back indoors to put on my winter walking coat. Ten yards down the drive again and I realised I had left my binoculars behind. Not a good start. The rain was light and did not last long.

 I walked to the lanes and up the hill on the branch. The sea was just visible through the mist as lighter areas. Probably reflecting a brighter sky. A few thrushes practiced being raucous. In stark contrast to the mellifluous blackbirds. The trees and hedgerows were busy with all the bird's spring activities. Now I am back at home there is rain on the windows. The radar suggests only occasional, light showers. Until later this afternoon. When more rain is expected.

 10.00 8C/47F and more showers. The dropper post lever is now on the left. Fighting for space with the horn, Bosch mode selector, brake lever and handlebar grip. The horn clamp is far too wide and sturdy for its very light duties. It could be slimmed at the clamp alone. Leaving the press button and its housing untouched. 

Rider's eye view.

The images show the complexity. It is even worse over on the right! Google won't let me drag and drop my images correctly on the blog page!

I had to oil the chain. After all the recent rain it was rusting rapidly! It is a peculiarity of the Bosch drive system that the chain does not rotate backwards with the chainwheel and pedals. The chainwheel remains quite still as the cranks are turned. Making oiling the entire chain quite a challenge.

 16.30 Just back from visiting my British friend. Wet and windy going. With extra rain at half way. Headwind coming home. Needed the cardigan and GripGrab medieval tea cosy under the helmet then. The Endura jacket was fine. Total 55km. Average 25km/hr. Mostly Tour mode with quite a lot of Sport mode. Very little Eco this time. Average cadence 81rpm. Highest speed 49km/hr. [Downhill] Battery depleted to 32% from 100%. 

 Not so tired after this ride. Probably because of the long rest at his place. The left side, saddle dropper lever was okay. It just needs further sorting of angle and position. Perhaps move the horn button. It frightens me every time I press it by accident. I frighten selfish dog walkers on cycle paths by applying the front brake. 🤣

 Dinner was beans on toast. I forgot to eat lunch when I came home. I wasn't hungry. Nor was I hungry later. Adding a smidgen of pepper improved the beans. 

 I have decided to grow my beard longer than usual. Just to see what it looks like. Long beards are fashionable. Not that I really care about that.


~~

No comments:

Post a Comment