26 Mar 2023

26.03.2023 Sunday ride and Sunday dinner.

 ~~

 Sunday 26th  42F. Early brightness has turned to overcast. Woke early then went back to sleep. 

 Aching again. The e-bike computer says I have ridden over 400km already. I'll have morning coffee before taking a walk. It could brighten up again. 

 Two wagtails are flying back and forth. Between the top of the observatory dome and the house roof. Whoops! Now there are [were] three! Wagtails are a regular feature on the roof and the drive. 

 I had a walk to the lanes. The wind was cold enough to be unpleasant. Nothing very unusual to report. A huge flock of [possibly] Redwings took off [noisily] from a neighbour's tree. Probably 200 of them. 

 I have the e-bike battery on charge for a grocery shopping trip.

 14.00 7C/44F. I need to stock up on some vital stuff. 

 15.30 45F. Just returned from the shops. Rather windy. Tried all the modes into the headwind including Turbo. Just managed to reach 35kph. Wind resistance really does make a huge difference. Only 13km. Still a good workout.

 I made Sunday Dinner. Everything was fine except for the carrots. Not quite soft enough, but still edible. I'll have to give them much longer next time. The peas went in with them after a while. They don't need so long. Too many potatoes again. Though I ate all of them. The Bisto gravy was perfect except I hadn't made quite enough this time. Two cups of water is too much. 1.25 cups too little. 

 I am a Pavlov idiot. If I make two cups I can discard the excess. It is only water! I have never left anything on my plate since a faddy [not fatty] childhood. I was made to remain at the table until I had finished. There were millions of starving Indians 70 years ago. There probably still are. I looked as if I were starving until late adulthood. Even then the cycling soon returned me to emaciated.


~~

No comments:

Post a Comment