27 Nov 2020

27.11.2020 Blinded by the sun or blind drunk?

 ~~

Friday 27th 32-41F,  a light overnight frost with a narrow band of mist across the field in front of the house. I headed towards the sun to capture some images as the mist hung in layers. Climbing up to the forest provided the best views. 

One, large bird of prey sat watching me from a tree until I almost reached it. I took exactly 500 photographs on this morning's walk, believe it or not.

It is now after lunch and I'm going for a ride. So I shall finish this later. Even now the frost is still on the grass in the shade of the house. I wrapped up well but soon had to remove one layer after a long slog uphill.

I rode a 16 mile hilly loop in an hour and half. My left knee was hurting most of the time. So I kept the revs as high as possible. The atmosphere was crystal clear to the horizon. Hardly a cloud to be seen all day. The low and brilliant sun meant I had to keep a  watchful eye out for blinded drivers.

It never pays to assume they can see me when they are already speeding into the blinding sun. The speed limit was clearly marked 60kph or 40mph but few bothered to stay under 90kph. National speed limit 50mph + 10mph is only the average in Denmark. Several national speed records have been broken by insane drivers. 

The average sentence for killing by drunken and/or drugged driving, while speeding of course, is only 1 year. So why attend to such minor details as the law when the courts are so lenient? Particularly if you can afford legal representation.


~~

No comments:

Post a Comment