1 Nov 2020

1st November 2020 Is fleeting sunshine a "glistering?"

 ~~

Sunday 1st November 50F. Heavy grey overcast and becoming breezy. There were only a few, fleeting glimpses of the sun on my walk to the lanes. 

Where I disturbed the breakfasting gulls on the roadside field. The crop there is still low and sparse. Allowing easier access to the bare ground between the plants. Elsewhere the "sward" is far better developed. Making foraging far more difficult. 

A rare, dog walker passed me going the opposite way. He seemed to ignore my cheerful greeting as his dog crossed the road on a very long leash. I had already taken to the opposite verge to avoid the risk of conflict. The golden foliage of the autumnal trees held my main attention as I snapped away.

~~

No comments:

Post a Comment