~?~
Saturday 5th 56F/13C [7.50] Bright overcast. The last wet day of a series. Peaking at a low 16C/60F. Westerly gales building to 16m/s gusts this afternoon. Possible sunny periods. 20C/68F in the room. 13C in the closed greenhouse. I shall take the shade net down if it has a chance to dry out.
Up at 7am after a fairly quiet night. The water lily has produced its first new leaf. Now five.
I have just collected the recycling bin from the junction with the main drive. Proving that five days is not enough time. To trigger any interest in my longevity. The ponies were curious and looked up from their breakfast table at the shuffling old fart. They were too far away to be tempted. By handfuls of grass from no man's land on this side of the fence. Petit far gras? Suit yourselves.
The forecast is not remotely conducive to a sneaky ride. Heavy showers coming in from the west. May contain hail, cloudbursts, lightning and fierce gusts of wind. Nice! I could potter to my usual shopping destinations in the Morris. Which would save me having to think about doing anything about the hovel. Or its excess of contents. There has been no interest in the lathe. Myfords are being listed at more than twice what I am asking for my "proper" lathe.
~?~
No comments:
Post a Comment