12 Sept 2026

12.09.2026 30km.

 ~?~

 Saturday 12th 57F/14C [8.00] Overcast but mainly dry this morning. Wet later and overnight into Sunday.

24C/75F in the room! I left the heat pump running overnight set to 19C. It is still pumping out hot air at 40C and rising. Something obviously isn't right with the remote control. I have reduced the setting to 16C. To see if anything changes.

 I dropped the price of my lathe to 4000kr and have somebody interested. No further response to my answering message.

 Thee was an unexpected guest in a car yesterday afternoon. Nobody I know. They may have been at the wrong address. They reversed away from the entrance after some hesitation. I was having a nap at the time. 

 The heat pump continued heating the room. So I switched it off. 

 Image taken yesterday. Concrete being added to the base of the new railway bridge. Where the embankment has still has a long way to go to reach the top of the bridge. The motorway runs alongside but is hidden behind the black noise barrier. 

 12.00 Back from a 30km ride. Including riding an unfinished stretch of off-road on the new cycle path. Just bare earth by the look of it. I joined the path where workers are widening the main road. My guess is that they will build a traffic island. To make it safer to cross by bicycle. They have a similar arrangement above Aarup. Where the excellent, two-way cycle path ends just short of the motorway and new rail track. 

 I did a load of shopping in the village on the way back. It always surprises me. How much the Ortlieb Classic panniers will accept. I was shocked how rapidly the basket was filling up with essentials. So much so that I was almost tempted to put it all back. Then ride home to fetch the car. I need not have worried. The bulging carrier bags each dropped into the gaping maw of an Ortlieb. It stayed dry but breezy for my ride. The rain in now supposed to arrive around 19.00. Lasting well into late, tomorrow afternoon.

 I checked on the noisy "gardening" going on in the empty property. The twin carports have now been cleared of junk and several massive shrubs removed. Which had been growing tight against the empty house. I wish my buddleias grew so well and so fast! They were packed with flowers too.

 

  ~?~

 

No comments:

Post a Comment