~?~
Monday 14th 52F/11C [8.00] A dry but cloudy day. With only a little sunshine.
Up at 7am after a fairly quiet night. 22C/72F in the room with the heat pump remote set to 20C and Heat.
My next exercise class is in town at 11am. I'll go in the Morris.
I brought the empty bins back. After having a game of catch with the robot. I couldn't get past it with two bins. It was too quick for me!
The exercise therapy went well today. I was able to use my cycling fitness on some exercises. No dizziness at all.
After lunch I was busy with the robot mower. I was dissatisfied with its failure to cover every inch of the drive. So I deleted the map and started from scratch. This time it reached much further than before. I repeated the mapping and mowing several times.
And so it came to the dinner menu. The tuna on fresh, wholemeal, bread rolls went quickly out of the window. The "help" hadn't restocked! Of course I had to let him go. One simply cannot tolerate such inadequacy in the shopping department.
So it was to be boiled eggs on fresh bread rolls. The latter were already buttered in anticipation of tuna being readily forthcoming. Which only left the matter of timing: 6 minutes for runny. 8 minutes for soft boiled. The logic was clear. The eggs would be lowered into boiling water and would remain there for exactly seven minutes.After which the hot water would be dumped into the sink and cold water would quickly replace it. Twice. To ensure the eggs would peel cleanly. And did. I had allowed five minutes for the eggs to cool by immersion.
They were absolutely perfect. Runny, yet firm enough to be cut into slices with a common kitchen knife. Swab please, nurse. The only downside. Was my inability to readily use the TV remote control. Due to an excess of yolk adhering to these miraculous, surgeon's digits.
~?~

No comments:
Post a Comment