30 Sept 2026

30.09.2026

 ~?~

  Wednesday 30th 57F/14C [7.30] A sunny day is promised. Peaking at 19C/ 66F. Rather spoilt by a gusty easterly wind. Blowing to 10m/s. A cosy 22C/72F in the room thanks to the heat pump. Remote set to 21C/70F. 

Up at 6.50 after a quiet night. I have an appointment with the ENT specialist. In town this afternoon. 

 I had a long chat with my minder. Then went for a walk.

 9.15 Back from my walk. Just the usual loop around the drives to the north. I was quite breathless on the way out but gradually recovered. I was able to maintain a modest pace. The wind was picking up steadily.

 The "gardeners" are back clearing brambles at the vacant house on the road. Having a big, smokey bonfire with the felled greenery. With a very fortunate, easterly wind direction. At least as far as I was concerned. A mini digger/excavator has been brought in to help. 

 They have access to the house. So may be the owners. I believe it has always been rented in the past. No "For Sale" signs have ever appeared. The entrance enjoys the same terrifying exit into speeding traffic. Immediately following a tight, completely blind bend. Where my own, shared drive lies right on the apex. 

 Not helped, at all, by the overgrowth of self seeding trees and shrubs. At yet another of Scrapman's abandoned building sites. Now untouched for five years and counting. Much the same as all the rest of his properties. Bought for pocket change at forced auctions. Then left to decay once he has done just enough damage to make it look like quite deliberate blackmail. 

 In the hope that somebody will pay him an obscene amount of money. Just for him to go away. He always dumps ridiculous amounts of junk and building materials on the grounds of all his properties. Old decrepit boats, rusting cars and agricultural implements. Just to maximize the pressure. 

 His toll on numerous unlucky neighbourhoods and very real neighbours. Is completely ignored by the council. One neighbour lost £30,000 in the value of their immaculate home. Not that there was the slightest chance in hell of selling. Not with Scrapman's hideous eyesores. Right next door and placed as close as possible to their boundary. His activities even hinder businesses. As he makes their approaching drive look like hell on earth! With deliberately placed junk narrowing their access.   

  11.00 I delayed my ride to do the washing up and to put some laundry in the machine. 


  ~?~

 

No comments:

Post a Comment