10 Sept 2026

10.09.2026 Eating out.

 ~?~ 

 Thursday 10th 50F/10C [7.10] A sunny day is promised but the WNW wind is gusting to 10m/s. Temperatures peaking at an autumnal 15C/59F. 

 Up at 6.30 after a very wakeful night. Yesterday's long naps took their toll. 

 I gave the heat pump a quick blast to raise the room to 21C/70F from 19C overnight. Don't want a chill after my shower.

 Cooking class this morning. I might have cycled there but for the wind. Which I would be fighting all the way home.   

 13.50 Back from cooking. Where we had a good time as usual. I helped to make a huge pot of a complex sauce with beef mince, mushrooms, onions, carrots and all sorts of additional ingredients. It turned out to be delicious. Then there was rice, a salad and a cake.

 In the afternoon I used the dry day. As a chance to take down the shade net from the greenhouse. I spread it out on the gravel parking space to fold it neatly. It was immediately brighter indoors. Despite the present overcast. The front garden shrubs and beech hedge have grown wildly through neglect. Which will block the low sun in winter. I should attempt some serious clipping.

 18.15 I have sent the mower out to do the drive. The strobe light is much brighter when the sun is down behind the trees. Not so bright when competing with full sunshine. The security cameras register the robot as a vehicle. I had to fetch a stepladder to trim a tree. Which was blocking the view of the drive.

 19.30 While it is still daylight the robot has announced that the sun is setting. It has returned to base for charging. The onboard cameras obviously have a low light limit. That was a first. It didn't need charging but returned to base for safety reasons. You can't have robot mowers parking wherever they like. 

  

  ~?~ 

No comments:

Post a Comment