~?~
Tuesday 15th 60F/16C [9.00] Overcast. Cloudy all day. 20C/68F in the room. No heat pump last night. Up at 7.20 after a quiet night. No visit to my English friend today.
10.30 Had an hour's chat with my minder.
11.30 I stayed home instead of riding in what soon became rain. I have been moving furniture. Trying to minimize the various assaults on the eye. Which means removing junk from direct observation.
The white box unit had been hiding all the wiring under the window but was hopeless for storage. It was bought [recycled] to go under the TV. Until the Heat pump took its place.
So I have moved the white unit over to beside the bed. With plastic basket/tubs to hold stuff which needs repeated and regular access. Which means I need something to replace the white storage/display unit under the window. Perhaps a multi drawer unit? To absorb some more junk and conceal all the hideous wiring.
Modesty prevents an image. The space contains a wireless router, internet fibre optic router, an 8 way, POE switch and several large power supplies. Three multi-mains-sockets. Including an eight way. Plus all the various cables connecting this ugly assortment. Quite honestly, I no longer have a clue if there is any duplication or redundancy. Could I wall mount any of it? Who knows? It was once and was just as ugly even then. Conduit is utterly meaningless in this context.
12.00 Still fiddling.
16.15 Back from a drive to four charity shops. The recycled gods did not smile upon this unfortunate soul. At least, not today. I had taken the trailer. In anticipation and false optimism.
I passed a police car supervising the rescue of a car. Which had somehow managed to overcome a steep bank. To end up on its roof. Well above road height. Not something you see every day. My guess is excessive speed on a completely blind, extremely sharp corner. Made worse by being on the brow of a hill.A large rescue lorry was busy sorting out the acrobatic vehicle. As the traffic built up in both directions. Two young women sat up on the bank. Not obviously injured. More looking bored. No doubt it will take a little more than a car wash. To sort out the mess.
Meanwhile the search goes on, To lift the living room by a notch or two. There are at least three more charity shops, with furniture, in the same direction. Go north west young man!
Dinner was a chicken fry-up. With mushrooms and tweggs on toast. I flipped the eggs to be sure they were properly cooked.
~?~


No comments:
Post a Comment