9 Feb 2023

9.02.2023 Spam, spam, spam, spam, SpamTube.

 ~~

  Thursday 9th 30F. The house has cooled overnight. 16C/61F upstairs. 13C/55F downstairs. Up at 6.30 after a restless night. My back aches. Carrying books? Highly likely. Cycling? Probably. No cooking classes this week. They fall every other week. My laundered towels were just as stiff. Despite the hand rinsing and spin drying after the usual tour in the washing machine.

 08.30 Overcast and breezy now. Bright, veiled, golden sun in the east. After a beautiful, blood red blush to the north east earlier. I should have lit the stove, had a cup of tea and heading for my walk by now. Instead of which I have been browsing. 

 I have removed my rant about google.spam.con. Foisting one's opinion on others rarely has any value. Except to reinforce one's own viewpoint. And/or to collect the brain dead into a suicidal/genocidal/sociopathic cult. 

 10.30. Walk over. Where I saw a small group of long tailed tits. One particular male [?] was resplendent in bright, breeding colours. Which I have never seen before. They usually present a rather monochrome black and white. 

 The stove kindling has diminished to near critical mass. I had better have a drive in the car to collect more. I have been getting through much more kindling but no paper at all. Since being shown how to properly light a fire by the sweep. 

 I bought three sacks of kindling. Using my phone to pay in my first, active transfer using a popular payment app.

 Back at home: It took 12 large, plastic, baskets full of logs. To bring the indoor stack back to a reasonable level. Thereby depleting the stack in the greenhouse to a rather miserable heap. More logs required so soon? More splitting. More damp logs to dry out.

 Dinner was fish fingers, organic Fettuccine pasta, organic frozen peas and organic, tinned tomatoes. The pasta is easy to crumble into short pieces after removal from the freezer. 

 I discovered previously that the pasta soaks up most of the juices from the tinned tomatoes. Whereas before I had to use a slotted spoon to drain them. I cook the pasta with the peas by dropping them into boiling water in the pan. The boil is lost but comes back in time. Then the battle is to stop it boiling over!

~~

No comments:

Post a Comment