23 Feb 2023

23.02.2023 Another ten miles.

 ~~

 Thursday 23rd 5C/42F. Very heavy overcast and very misty. 120-150m complete invisibility.

 9.00 The stove is reluctant to light again. The kindling being recalcitrant. My back is aching more than usual. Going for a walk to count rear fog lights.

 Traffic was very light. Probably because I was walking outside the usual rush hour.  Only 7 out of 35 vehicles I saw had their rear fog lights lit. My hearing aids make it much easier to hear and spot the small birds in the roadside hedgerows. They also make it easy to hear whether the traffic coming from the front or the rear. I soon forgot about my back.

 14.00 7C/45F. I am going for a ride to do some shopping. The hedge slashing tractor was out. Which means even more twigs and branches for me to kick onto the verge on my walks. The recent storm had caused hundreds to be blown onto the asphalt. 

 15.30 I took the hilly route via the forest on the way there. Then came straight back into a headwind.  The extra four miles of the forest route involves some long climbs. So it is costly in time and breathless effort but priceless in its scenery. The sun came out on the last leg but I felt rather tired today. Only 10 miles.

 Those of you following my culinary mischief. Will be delighted to know I have invested in salmon pasty futures. Last time I surrounded a frozen pasty in frozen chips in the mini oven. They came out cool and greasy. After which I had a slightly upset tummy. So I blamed this on my cooking faux pas. It is time to try again. The pasty will be baked on its own this time. While I conjure up some boiled potatoes and peas.

 I didn't buy any more HP brown sauce. It was 40 kroner a bottle! Which £4.74 in Olde Money! I may be daft as a brush but I'm not completely demented! I am already paying 28.98kr or £3.43 for ARLA butter! So I can't afford luxuries like HP brown sauce! I'll leave it to the oligarchs. To go with their caviar on the poop deck.

 The boiled potatoes were bland with only butter for company. I wanted brown sauce.

 ~~

No comments:

Post a Comment