15 Feb 2023

15.02.2023 Split that log!

 ~~

 Wednesday 15th +1C/33F. Thick mist! 120m invisibility. Expected to remain overcast all day. The temperature upstairs fell from 68F to 64F overnight. 20C-18C. I woke up feeling cold and quickly swapped over to my winter duvet. 

 Up at 6.30. Farm museum day. With the temperature hovering around 2-3C I shall have to dress warmly but flexibly. Doing heavy work indoors demands a completely different outfit from light duties outdoors. I know this sounds patently obvious. It is all part of not being able to foresee today's tasks.

13.00 4C/39F. Still, patchy thick mist. I was driving as slowly as 20mph on the way to the museum. Now safely home. I spent the most time painting slats. To hide some modern, heating equipment. 

 Ironically, I was using approved antique, linseed oil paint. After that I did some gardening and moving books and historical newspapers over to the new library. 

 16.30 Still misty. I am going out to do some more log splitting before it gets dark. I was right about "Oregon." It is clearly printed all down the fiberglass shaft of the axe/maul/hammer.

 18.00 All the logs are split and the greenhouse stacked up to the window sills. The rest went back into the trailer for shelter. The big logs may need extra work but once split they fill more space. So, in a roundabout way, they represent better value. Than a trailer full of the correct size.

 I took the black bin along the drive in the dark. I completely forgot the green one last week! A storm is forecast for Friday. Though it looks as if the worst is crossing north of us.

 Dinner was chicken and mushroom curry. I fried the chicken and mushrooms longer, but at a lower heat. To make them more tender. It worked.

~~ 

No comments:

Post a Comment