8 Feb 2023

8.02.2023 Google remames YouTube as SPAMTUBE.

 ~~

 Wednesday 8th -1C/30F. White frost, bright but misty and cloudy. Expected to remain so. 

 Up at 7.30 after falling asleep again at 6am. Museum day. I'll have to wrap up warmly. In layers, so I can adjust to my workload, task and situation.

 I took a snap of the old farm kitchen following restoration. The wall on the right and the door have been replaced due to subsidence. This was once the laundry, brewery and kitchen combined. Imagine working long hours in clogs on that bumpy, cobbled floor! The rest of the house has smooth floors.

  I have safely returned from my stint at the museum. The morning was spent ferrying boxes of books from the old library to the new one. Different building, 1st floor. Via steep and narrow stairs. I was too warm. Having dressed for outdoor work. I removed my jacket, jumper and hat and then I was comfortable again. No ill effects from the loads I was carrying. They were clear that I should just say so. If I found the work to be too hard for me. There was constant sunshine all morning.

 Mid afternoon and I went for another ride. Just a loop around the rural block to keep the momentum going. A bird of prey in every tree in the quiet end of the loop.  Where I pass close to the Far Woods. A heron left a roadside stream and sailed away.

 Only an undulating 7 miles but I was keeping the pedal revs high and dancing on the pedals on the rises. I seemed to be going better than ever. It looks as if yet another neighbour has moved away. The western sky was crisscrossed with vapour trails.

The stove was still going well on my return. I ought to be bringing more logs in from the greenhouse. The last lot are almost used up. Lazy git!

 Dinner was perfect poached eggs on overdone toast. Followed by tomato soup and a roll. It was fine. The toast was from frozen bread. The first go added hardly any colour. The second go was slightly too much. Fortunately this did not affect the flavour.


~~

No comments:

Post a Comment