25 Feb 2023

25.02.2023 Netto still shoplifting its customers!

 ~~

Saturday 25th 1C/33F. Overcast breaking up to watery "golden" sunshine. Streaming the length of indoors like some ancient megalithic structure. More sunshine is promised for later. I am going for my walk. It is both windy and cold. So I will have to wrap up well.

 9.15 It was lucky I did dress for the cold weather. The wind kept trying to find my weaknesses. My hood remained in place until the last leg. When the wind was behind me. I stopped to listen to a siskin singing on top of a roadside tree. Without the hearing aids I would not have heard a thing. Fortunately my aching back was relieved by the exercise.

 I am struggling with the stove again. The logs must be too damp. They are mostly up around 25% moisture content. They take a long time to catch light and often sulk. Even when the air supply is wide open. The logs get two to three days drying in the lounge before being used. It doesn't seem to be long enough to make much difference.

 The sunshine makes me want to ride to the shops. To fill the gaps in what is loosely termed "my larder." The northerly wind is averaging 8m/s. With gusts to twice that. So 18mph average to 35mph gusts. 

 The lower temperatures and wind are making it more difficult to keep the house warm. There is a clear differential between outside temperatures and indoors. Today's sunshine did not help.

 ________________

 I drove to the shops in another village after lunch. There is a wider selection of supermarkets grouped together than locally. 

 There I was cheated, yet again, by Netto supermarkets. I was one of three customers waiting patiently with their receipts to ask for a refund. To point out that Netto had overcharged us when we made our purchases. In my own experience this is common sight at Netto checkouts.

 The staff had the nerve to shut down my till after laboriously resolving the price differences. While two more customers were still waiting with their receipts. Who were then told to go to the back of the very long queue at the only checkout left open!! How is that for deliberate avoidance of responsibility for overcharging? Are they being ordered by management to cheat on prices? Or to avoid repayment as much as possible? Or am I being too cynical?

 Regardless of which branch I visit there is attempted robbery, by Netto, every single time. The prices on the checkouts are always higher than on the display labels for the goods I buy. Presumably this must also be true for many other Netto customers. It can't be a coincidence that Netto cheats on only the items which I buy! Other customers waiting for a refund is proof enough [for me] that other items and other customers are involved.

 Few of Netto's customers will go to the trouble of stopping to read the tiny price list on their till receipt. The system is to serve them and push them out of the shop with the following customers. There is nowhere to put one's shopping down to laboriously check the receipt. It also assumes the customer will remember the display marked price of every single item they bought. The Danes are renowned for not complaining. So Netto must be onto a real winner!

 I have my own experience of this sharp practice [let's call it a scam] when shopping at multiple branches of Netto. Netto sells products not found in all the other supermarket monopolies. Otherwise I would avoid Netto like the plague! In my own, repeated experience, Netto simply cannot be trusted

 The careful Netto customer must be prepared set aside time. To check their receipt and then wait patiently in line for disinterested staff to correct any errors and refund the difference. Involving multiple key strokes and repeated scanning on the till. For every incorrect item! Ask me how I know this?

 It seems very strange to me that there is no consumer protection in Denmark. Even 30 years ago it made newspaper headlines. When giant UK retail chains were fined huge sums. For repeatedly charging more at the till than the price labels on their displays. 

 There will be 540 Netto stores owned by The Salling Group in 2023 after Aldi pulls out. Multiply all those differences in display/till+ prices x its 11 million customers x numbers of items purchased. It all adds up to "a nice little earner." [A UK English expression for ill-gotten gains.] Every council in the UK had consumer protection officers. Within its Trading Standards Department.

 I may even be prosecuted in Denmark for "merely mentioning" a "potential crime" online. There is clearly no consumer protection from vast, cheating, international retail monopolies. Or it would not happen so regularly, over so many branches, spread over a geographical area. But plenty of laws [allegedly] to silence their victims. From publishing their own experiences of repeated  [potential] losses at multiple outlets. 

 If there was any consumer protection, in monopoly run and owned, retail Denmark, there would be "mystery" shoppers. It's not as if they would have to go far from their centrally heated offices. To be cheated at their local Netto. Based entirely on my own extended experience at multiple branches buying multiple, different goods, over time.  Isn't it lucky that nobody in Denmark reads my blog? 😉

 It is ten days since I last had chicken and mushroom curry. Luckily I bought some more organic rice. Curry it was, but I forgot to take a picture! There were too many mushrooms. I felt I should use up the pack. I may try it without mushrooms next. To better enjoy the slow fried chicken.

 

~~

No comments:

Post a Comment