21 Feb 2023

21.02.2023 26 miles/42km. MIT-ID log-on broken again!

 ~~

Tuesday 21st 41F. Clear sky with only a few, small smudgy clouds. Up at 6.30.

 8.10 The sun is shining the length of the attic as it rises over local hurdles. I should have gone for my walk by now but have been sidetracked by answering contacts on my computer. 

 9.15  5C/42F. Bright sunshine but a cold wind. I walked to the village to avoid a cold headwind in the lanes. Lots of traffic and common birds. I see a surprising number of EVs considering how few are sold in Denmark. It ought to be a good day for a ride but the NW wind puts me off. 

 10.30 44F. Sun being blocked by increasing cloud. I replaced one of the rear tires on the trike. A Schwalbe Durano Plus 700Cx25. The tread had worn flat over time. Which means the excellent puncture protection may be thinning. The Durano Plus was a revelation after having hundreds of punctures with alternatives. I fitted a new inner tube and dropped the old one into the saddle bag as a spare. 

 I am going for a ride regardless of the wind. This will sound completely nuts. I keep seeing images of a village lane but I have no idea why. It is only about seven or eight miles away but  not on any regular route. Except by car, when we were driving to Jylland, years ago. Only a visit will help to settle the matter. It is a nice ride entirely by narrow, but hilly country lanes. That is once I escape from the main road after a couple of miles.  

 14.45 8C/47F Rather cloudy. Lunch over after returning from a 26 mile ride. The village I keep seeing in my mind's eye held nothing whatsoever to latch onto. It remains a complete mystery why I kept seeing it. 

 I continued exploring the local lanes and then looped back towards home. I had deliberately ridden into the wind for the first ten miles. Which allowed me to relax more for the final legs. Several old houses had been demolished along my route. I seemed to be going quite well despite little mileage of late. My phone app said I averaged 10mph while moving. Which is not bad considering how hilly it was.

 The Danish secure national contact and identity system, MIT-ID [MY ID] log on, is broken again. This is the system where officialdom and businesses can send you secure text messages. There is a three stage log on after the previous two stage log on, using numbers from a printed card, proved to be insecure.

Contact MIT support by phone?

"We are so extraordinarily busy that we are going to hang up on you straight away. Because the universe will end before we have time to answer all the calls. From the millions of people who can't log onto MIT-ID!"
Brrrrrrrrrrrr!

Their website says everything is working as normal. Just as it did last time they had broken their own system.  

"If you want more information log onto MIT-ID."

Yeah, Right! You couldn't make it up! 🙄

Dinner was chicken, mushrooms and egg and with boiled potatoes. The egg stuck like glue to the pan. The chicken and mushrooms were perfect.

  ~~

No comments:

Post a Comment