26 Feb 2023

26.02.2023 12 more miles II.

~~
 Sunday 26th -1C/29F. Any early cloud has cleared to blue skies and sunshine. A light frost with hail standing out starkly on the dark molehills.

  The Trykit trike fitted with a small Carradice saddle bag. I was fed up with dragging the huge yellow, PVC bag around. It has amazing capacity for shopping but stiffens in the cold. The yellow bag and the supporting rack weigh quite a bit too.

 The sunshine did not protect me from the eye wateringly cold, northerly breeze. Then I had to remove my hat and gloves on the last leg as I turned my back to the wind. 
 
 A perfect day for a ride again. Spoiled by the wind. 5m/s with 10m/s gusts amounts to 10mph and well over 20mph respectively. I went anyway. The hilly route first and then through the forest. Before exploring the nearest shopping village. There are some areas which were completely unknown to me. I would see them from the main roads but never strayed far until today. A quiet Sunday morning was the perfect opportunity. I even went off-road. Only the last leg was exposed to the icy cold, northerly wind.

15.00 3C/38F Sunshine warming the greenhouse. Not enough to open the doors but the lounge went up to 22C/71F.  Now I have the boring laundry to catch up with. I was watching the soil rising from a molehill outside the bathroom window. I was tempted to go out and commit an atrocity. Like the atrocity the mole is doing to my lawn! Then I decided I wasn't cruel enough to kill it directly. I shall rely on a trap instead. A bit like buying meat from the supermarket. To pretend you couldn't kill a pig, a cow or a chicken with your own, bare hands.

 I should be preparing myself for Sunday dinner making. I just hope I have all the parts to make a whole. 
 I decided I didn't want Sunday dinner. So I fried the chicken slowly and added pasta, peas and tinned tomatoes. 


~~

No comments:

Post a Comment